Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tales from a 3-year old

Life is Good: kids are creative


True story:
Today, I asked the little kid what he had for snack at preschool.
PIRATE Boooooooooteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
"Wow!" I said. "That's a big treat for you. Who brought snack today?
He told me Madeline did and I asked if they had anything else.
"Applesauce!" he announced.
I told him that sounded really good and asked if it was the kind in a little cup that you eat with a spoon or the kind in a pouch that you sort of drink.
"Umm. No." he tells me, "Just the kind you eat with your hands. You scoop it up with your fingers and put it into your leetle mouth. Then it goes down to your belly and turns into a bea-yooooooooooooooo-tiful butterfly. With lots of colors and wings and smiles and happy. Then it flitters and flutters and flies away."

No comments:

Post a Comment