Monday, March 21, 2016

When in Doubt, Go for the Tortillas & Cheese

Life is Good: dinner was easy

I've discovered that with three kids, including a baby-slash-toddler, that "winging it" for dinner is a terrible, hideous idea. On my best days, I prep dinner at breakfast time. I've also discovered that my crock pot is my best friend.

Last year (maybe? I don't know...2015 is a blur), I discovered a yummy recipe that I lovingly refer to as Burrito Bowls. It's pretty quick to cook up after the first time (I think that is the way with all recipes) and everyone in the family likes it. You can substitute rice for quinoa and it is still yummy and you can leave out the chicken if you like, too. Click on the link and try it out! One of these days I will have to check out the whole blog. You know, in approximately 17 years, when I have time for myself. ; )

We're a bit googoogaga for Mexican food around here, so my "oh, no! how did I forget to plan dinner?!" go to is: tortillas and cheese. I always have tortillas and shredded cheese ready in the fridge. They sit there, happily, waiting for me to open the door. And then, they quickly become quesadillas, tacos, enchiladas, tostadas, and even Mexican lasagna once in a while. Stick them on a fiestaware plate with a little Restaurant-Style salsa from Target and your family just might leave you a tip after dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment