Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kids and Cell Phones

Life is Good: even when they are growing up too fast!

Our two-year old and I were just playing in his room with the door shut. He picked up a block and began to have a conversation as if he were on a cell phone. I could understand "hello" and "hi" and then there were some sounds strung together that had a semblance to "what are you doing?". Maybe?

Then, he stopped, turned, and looked at me in the most deliberate of ways. He paused. Then he walked over to the door and said, "Need door ope peeeeeas" ("I need the door opened, please" for those of you who don't speak two-year old). I obliged and watched as he walked into his brother's room and went back to his "conversation" as he peered around his shoulder to make sure that no one was listening in on his "private tete-a-tete".

I thought I would have to wait at least ten more years for this kind of thing! Oh, my if he is doing this now, one can only imagine what his twelve-year old self may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment