Saturday, October 12, 2013

Where to go for doughnuts in Minneapolis

Life is good: we have The Baker's Wife!

Since the big kid has started kindergarten, we have learned to covet sleepy Saturday mornings. Monday through Friday, I get up at 5:45 AM. Not particularly being a morning person (this may be the greatest understatement known to man), I especially have enjoyed getting to sleep until 7 or 7:30 on Saturdays.

Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot believe that I just typed a sentence that says how grateful I am to sleep in until 7:30 AM!!! My, how the times have changed!

Anyhoo...
Today was not a sleepy Saturday. This morning, we had to be up and at 'em for a fundraiser walk at the big kid's school. It was a crisp Autumn morning. One of those mornings that proves the existence for puffy vests. I never really understood those vests until I moved to Minnesota.

The big kid had a lot of fun. There was a scavenger hunt for the school mascot along the walking route. Kids signed their name when they finished the first lap.


They also had a bouncy house stop, a hula hoop stop, and an "army crawl" stop along the way.


After we finished, Grant and I decided that we had "earned" a treat. So we headed over to The Baker's Wife pastry shop. Because of the kiddos' allergies, we couldn't eat there, but we were happy to bring our goodies home.  The little ones had a treat of their own...homemade eggless sugar cookies. And before noon, mind you. This is a big deal at our house! I have promised several of you the eggless sugar cookie recipe and I will do my best to post it this week, so please check back for that!

Grant and I decided to share a creme brulee danish. It did.not.disappoint. It had a small amount of custard (I could have eaten a vat of it!) plus the burnt sugar top just like the dessert.


Of course, I had to snap a pic of all of the delectable delights. 



These sweet treats almost look good enough to make me give up my sleepy Saturdays every week. 
Or maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment