Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Easy Snowman Cheeseball Recipe

Life is Good: and cheesy!

While I was under the weather, I spent some time looking at what was "Pinteresting". I also downloaded what seemed to be MILLIONS of photos!

Here are some scenes from Christmas:



Our annual pics in front of the fireplace of stockings. My mom made a stocking out of felt for everyone in the family. I've lost count...they've totally taken over. 


Yes, you might notice we have one little Santa missing. You must be lightning fast to photograph our 2-year old these days!

Lego Nexo Knights were the big hit of our holiday.



The Lego art wall at Kansas City's Legoland Discovery Center included an homage to Princess Leia. We visited a day or two after the passing of Carrie Fisher


Here's a peek along the highway. Somewhere between Minnesota and Iowa...


And the only snow we saw on Christmas...my snowman cheeseball! Quite possibly, the easiest cheeseball recipe ever! Just blend together a softened block of cream cheese, two cups of shredded cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar for this, but I used mozzarella so that I could make it into a snowman), and 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing seasoning. Then, spray your (clean) hands with Pam spray (so that the cheese doesn't stick to them) and divide the mixture into three portions: one large, one medium, and one small. Roll each portion into a ball and place on a platter. In my case, I didn't have a large platter to use (all of my mom's had food on them!) so I made the balls all the same size. Add craisins for the eyes and raisins or olives for the buttons. I cut a small piece of orange bell pepper for the nose. You could also use a baby carrot. If you wanted, you could use a strip of a flat fruit snack to make a scarf or a hat. Add crackers and you're ready for a winter party!


This is a garlicky, salty cheeseball. I like it that way, but if you need to, you can double the cream cheese (2 blocks) and shredded cheese (4 cups) to lessen the flavor of salt and garlic. 

Happy Holidays!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment