Friday, June 30, 2017

Tastiest best side dish ever

Life is Good: we're keeping it spicy!

So yesterday I told you about our yummy lobster roll dinner. Today, I want to share with you my latest obsession: tator tots with avocado and sriracha!

Every once in a while, I give in and make "kids food". A couple of weeks ago, we grilled burgers and brats and I picked up a bag of tator tots for the rest of the fam. After I had plated everyone's food, I had some tots left over and out of nowhere, I decided to put some avocado and sriracha on them. Avocado and sriracha are a perfect pairing and I love to put them on turkey burgers. 


Best side dish ever


One bite and I was HOOKED. I mean, HOOKED! I think about eating tator tots with avocado & sriracha first thing in the morning, in the car, oh my. It's delicious! 

It's super easy--just bake the tator tots until crispy. While they're baking, cut open an avocado (cut lengthwise around the entire avocado and pull apart, stab a knife into the seed and pull it out), score it with a knife (kind of like a tic tac toe board) and scoop it out with a spoon, then smash it up in a bowl. When your tator tots are done, put them on a plate, scoop some avocado on top, and then lightly squirt out a few "lines" of sriracha over the top. Soooooo gooooood!

Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment