Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Day 7 of my month of gratitude

Life is Good: so good I'm super busy!

Day 7 of my month of gratitude whizzed by. Some days, most days, I get up and then all of a sudden, it's time to pick up the kids from school and then boom! bedtime. As fast as they go by, the days are long. Having an almost two year old keeps us on our toes. Especially while managing basketball practice and two sets of homework. (I still hate homework!) (Shhhhh!)

Today, my gratitude is for healthy children. And the delight I get in being a mother. I enjoy being a mama so much. The parenting part can be hard some days. Especially now that the Big Kid is in third grade. So many new words and concepts to help him navigate through. And friend stuff. Oh, man. The friend stuff can be tough. But the mama part is easy. The love overflows. The laughter rings throughout the house. Smiles abound and every inch of me feels warm like sunshine. Being a mama is my happy place, for sure.



Some days, I want to hit the pause button. Some days---like Saturdays when we're all together playing board games or making art or snuggled up reading on the couch---those days I want to pause for long lengths of time. But I can't do that, so instead, I commit it to my memory. I'm pretty sure that I will look back and see that these are the best days of our life as a family. And I'm grateful for each one.



No comments:

Post a Comment