Monday, November 4, 2013

Being Thankful

Life is Good: I have lots to be grateful for!

I had this "brilliant" idea to do a month of posts about gratitude. What better month than November, the month of Thanksgiving, right?

Well...I was in such a daze the day after Halloween, that I actually forgot that Friday was November first! The big kid didn't have school on Friday and so it didn't feel like a normal day. Plus, we were out and about much of the day and it wasn't until Saturday that I realized I had missed the beginning of a new month. Ack!

Saturday, I awakened with a hideous cough. Ugh. I have been harboring a little something since Grant was sick with pneumonia. I believe in the power of positive thinking, so I have been willing myself to be well. Maybe my willpower was experiencing an regional outage?

Since it was Saturday, Grant whisked the kiddos away so that I could have a morning of quiet to rest and recharge that aforementioned willpower. So please indulge me as I show my gratitude for Day 2 and Day 3 of my Month of Gratitude!

Month of Gratitude Day Two

I am grateful for a husband who loves being a daddy and considers taking our kiddos to the Science Museum an honor and not a chore. Grant has a tremendous vocabulary and yet, "daddy" is his favorite word. He not only loves our children, but he likes them, too. There is nothing in this world he would rather be doing than spending time with our little boys and that is not lost on me.


Month of Gratitude Day Three

Well, that darn cough remained, but the sun was shining, so I dragged myself outside. I am grateful for the SUNSHINE. It was good medicine! For all of us. The kiddos ran and jumped and put their energy to good use. The hubs and I soaked up the warmth of the sun and grinned from ear to ear at our two little (gigantic) blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment